Instead of hiring, consider contracting with a good consultant. You can send them home when the project is complete, minimizing overhead and disruption while ending up with the results you hoped for.
Springfield Resources undertakes a wide range of consulting projects on behalf of clients.
Sample Maintenance Management Projects:
- Maintenance Audits including:
- Review of Maintenance Procedures
- Review of information flow
- Store room - inventories, procedures, purchasing criteria
- PM, emergency and routine work systems
- Maintenance information systems
- Administration of maintenance fitness questionnaires
- Computerized maintenance management system (CMMS)
- Design or specification of new capabilities
- Installation and training for systems
- Getting the most from your existing maintenance management information system (maximize benefits)
- Training in use of the system (including reasons for the system) to craftspeople
- Support for purchasing and/or specification of CMMS